WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Made 2 Trade defines personal information as information about an individual or business entity that enables someone to identify or contact a person/business and includes, among other things, a person's/entities full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, as well as other information we maintain about a person/business in identifiable form. Categories of personal information that we collect include, for example:
- Basic identifying information such as e-mail address and first and last names used to access the Site
- Security information such as password, secret question and answer or driver's license
- Contact information such as address details and phone number, contact person, director information etc.
- Billing information such as credit or check card, expiration date, billing address and account history
- Product preferences and order history
- E-newsletter selections and preferences
- Direct marketing contact preferences
- Complaints, questions and information submitted to customer service agents or similar individuals either in person, by phone, by e-mail or by entry on a Site
- Site behaviour such as pages visited or searches requested
- Browser information such as browser version, connection speed, IP address and the presence of various related plug-ins and tools such as media players
- Other information as required from time to time
WHEN DOES MAED 2 TRADE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Made 2 Trade collects personal information from you when you voluntarily submit that information to Made 2 Trade, for example: when you first become a customer; apply for credit terms; register on a Site; register for our e-newsletter service; respond to an offer; purchase products or services; or request to be on a mailing list. After you have registered your e-mail address on the Site and if you have clicked "Remember Me" or signed in to the Site, Made 2 Trade collects Site behavior and browser information as you navigate through the Site. This information may be used to create a profile that we keep on individual Users that details their preferences, personal information and behavior. Consequently, collected information is tied to the User's personally identifiable information and may be used to provide offers and improve the content of the Site for the User. This profile may also be used to tailor a User's visit to our Web Site, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I PLACE AN ORDER ON THE WEBSITE?
Certain features of the Web Site do not require registration but may still require personal information to be entered, such as placing an order for a product. We request information from the User during the ordering process. For example, a User will be required to provide contact information (such as name, e-mail, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card or check card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill Users' orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the User.
HOW DOES MADE 2 TRADE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Use of Personal Information for our internal business purposes. Made 2 Trade uses the personal information you provide for the purposes for which it was provided, for example, to process an order; to record your purchase of a product; to collect debts and track order and payment histories; to notify you that you have actions pending or responses needed; to respond to your inquiries or complaints or to contact you or send you information about your products or services. In addition, Made 2 Trade and its subsidiaries may share and use information collected through the Site to administer and manage our business, including, for example for account maintenance and collections purposes, and in connection with information technology services. In addition, personal information may be used to create a profile that we keep on individual Users that details their preferences and behaviour. This profile may be used to develop and improve the products, benefits and services, Made 2 Trade, its subsidiaries and business partners offer to our Members or Users, to improve the Site and the associated user experience, and to develop pertinent marketing promotions to Users and Members.
Where permitted or required by law, Made 2 Trade may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, for example in response to a court order or subpoena or to comply with a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency.
HOW CAN I ACCESS OR CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If a User's personally/business identifiable information changes (such as trading name, director details, phone, e-mail or postal address etc.), or if a User no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct or, update or delete/deactivate Users' personally identifiable information. You can review or change some of your personal information as follows:
- You can review and change certain dealer login related information yourself online, or by contacting a Made 2 Trade representative.
Note that in most cases, Made 2 Trade will retain the previously entered data.